Join The Shores of Port Credit on February 13th at 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm to experience an afternoon filled with live entertainment and great refreshments!
We Are Looking For A Marketing & Communications Coordinator to Join Our Team!
Port Credit is a historic and resilient community. As the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, you’ll have the chance to tell everyone how awesome we are because you know it and feel it as part of the essence of who you are.
The Port Credit BIA continues to evolve and be an advocate and support for our business community. Our Mainstreet is thriving and we’re feeling excited for our village’s next chapter – one that makes us not such a well-kept secret.
Rooted in entrepreneurship, our neighbourhood is no stranger to hard work. We’re looking for a creative marketing Guru. You live outside the box and can create magical stories about our business community.
In our Marketing & Communications Coordinator, we are looking for someone who embodies the vibrancy of Port Credit, who is dedicated to their work and loves to work in a team environment.
Port Credit has limitless growth potential and we can’t wait to hear what ideas you have for the neighbourhood. We invite you to come and explore it.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing the PCBIA website, communications, social media accounts, creating digital content, planning the social media calendar, capturing content at all PCBIA events, and providing digital support to the PCBIA members. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will work closely with Management to execute projects and bring forward new social media ideas that promote Port Credit as a premiere tourist destination, promote our businesses, and connect the community.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Actively grow PCBIA and engage on social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tik Tok
- Develop and deliver a steady stream of engaging, innovative, and relevant content that supports the PCBIA mandate, credibly reinforces the PCBIA brand, and drives engagement through all PCBIA channels
- Develop creative and informative member and community newsletters and updates utilizing current PCBIA email/CRM software
- Curate, monitor, and update the PCBIA website to ensure content is relevant, easily accessible, current, elevates the user experience, and represents Port Credit as a premiere shopping, dining, and tourist destination
- Monitor social trends, influencers, and relevant news to identify opportunities to join the social conversation and grow PCBIA visibility and relevance across a wide range of demographics
- Maintain up to date knowledge on PCBIA membership database to actively support their digital marketing efforts through weekly re-sharing and promoting content
- Collaborate with media partners to film and produce content that brands Port Credit as a premiere tourist destination
- Manage PCBIA staple seasonal events end to end such as Classic Cars Thursdays
- Attend weekly social media meetings and propose new ideas and concepts
- Be present at all PCBIA-led, sponsored, or community events and capture footage for event coverage, and use for marketing and promotion
- Leverage, utilize, and report against various social media and website analytics tools such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Submit a detailed bi-weekly staff report to management
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience managing professional website and social media accounts including community management, content creation, and social media calendar planning and scheduling
- Experience with graphic design and video editing software
- Possess basic photography/filming skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A creative, self-starter with the ability to carry an idea from ideation to execution
- Strong organization and ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple deadlines
- Event Coordination an asset
Salary Range: $55,000 to $62.000, commensurate with experience
Note: candidates will be required to provide an example from their portfolio of work.
How to apply:
Instead of a cover letter, we want you to provide us with your own, personal mission statement. In 2 or 3 sentences, tell us why you’d be a good candidate for this job.
Please submit your résumé and mission statement to email@example.com by March 23, 2023